LRG Digital Digest - MARCH 2022
LRG Digital Digest - MARCH 2022
The Ultimate Guide to What’s Happening at Limited Run
New Year. New You. New Us!
Let’s kick things off with the inaugural entry of our new blog series. We heard you guys like communication, so this year we decided to launch this series of monthly update blogs to keep you informed of what’s going on at Limited Run Games. We have an insane amount of cool stuff happening this year, and we want to share all of it with you. After all, it’s you that keeps our world turning and releases churning!
So, without further ado, here’s what’s going on at LRG this month. . .
Out with the old, in with the new! You might have noticed that things look a bit fancier around here. We thought it was about time to give the website a bit of polish and add in some cool new tools to make it easier for you to pre-order our fantastic titles.
New Features Include:
- Wishlist - See a game you like? Add it to your wishlist and get notified when the pre-order period opens. Never forget about a release again! You can also save multiple wishlists and share them on social media.
- Premium shipping protection and tracking - We’re partnering with Route to offer our customers an additional level of shipping protection and easy replacement options. Route allows you to make a claim through an automated app and cuts claim approval and replacement time down to a fraction. We’ll still offer our typical guarantees but fans can purchase Route for extra peace of mind and have access to live tracking updates.
- More comprehensive product listings - Let’s show off these awesome games and goodies. On select games and merch, you’ll find extra screenshots, game trailers, and related items for you to browse.
- A good old-fashioned facelift - If we’re going to have all these cool new features, we might as well do a little redecorating around here.
- Coming soon - We’re happy to be offering a pay later option in the very near future. This is a feature a lot of fans have requested, and we’ve been working hard to find the perfect partner to make that happen. We’ll let you know when this goes live on our site!
- Coming soon - Multiple shipping options. This is another requested feature that we’re excited to say we’re testing. In addition to DHL, we’re looking into offering several other couriers and shipping speeds. More news to come!
We hope you like what we’ve done with the place!
Let’s Go, Girls!
When the boys are in over their heads, you can count on the River City Girls to save the day!
We’re excited to partner once again with WayForward for the release of River City Girls Zero, an enhanced port of the classic 16-bit beat-’em-up, Shin Nekketsu Koha: Kunio-tachi no Banka. Developed with our Carbon Engine, the original 16-bit graphics, soundtrack, and gameplay are boosted with new cutscenes and added music by Megan McDuffee and DEMONDICE.
Pre-orders for physical versions of River City Girls Zero on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch are now open, but you only have until March 13th to secure your copy!
In the meantime, let’s take a tour of our two ass-kicking collector’s editions of River City Girls Zero!
The Classic Edition—Let’s start with that retro-style box. Nothing suits a 16-bit game like a throwback box. You’ll also get a double-sided poster featuring all-new art created for this release. We topped this collection off with a soundtrack CD, so you can rock along to Megan McDuffee’s catchy theme even when you’re not crunching bones.
The Ultimate Edition— includes all that and then some! Upgrading nets you some really awesome extra goodies that we were so excited to design! Barbie ain’t got nothing these posable Kyoko and Misako figures. Top it off with a retro cart keychain and a downloadable code for the game and you’ve got yourself the ultimate River City Girls bundle.
But that’s not all we got. Gear up with our River City Girls Zero merch collection, which includes a soft t-shirt, hat with a manga print on the bottom of the brim, character coins, and a trading card set.
Remember, you only have until March 13th to secure your River City Girls Zero pre-orders!
2021 (and 2020…) have been interesting years for retail, to say the least. All industries and all production and shipping stages have felt the squeeze of pandemic-related delays. Moving into 2022, we want to keep in touch more closely with customers about these delays when they affect our titles. To that end, these monthly blogs will become a platform for us to share new information with you when we have it, so let’s start with a big one. The infamous, the sought-after, the number-one sufferer of production delays. . .
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
Delays for the K.O. Edition (and the Scott Pilgrim Fan Bundle) came from two of the more significant supply chain issues that reared their ugly heads last year: container shortages and vinyl production logjams.
Well, we have good news about the K.O. Edition road cases, which were held up after manufacturing for quite some time—They’re here!
Right now they’re in our warehouse being prepped for shipping! We hope to have everyone’s K.O. Editions in their hands ASAP!
Regarding the vinyl soundtracks, our partner reports that due to staffing shortages caused by the recent Omicron wave, manufacturing of all their records has fallen behind. As a result, we do not expect the vinyl to arrive at our warehouse until April. Our manufacturing partner is committed to getting the vinyl out the door by that deadline, so we hope to not encounter any further delays on this awesome soundtrack.
If you’re waiting on a K.O. Edition that’s tied up with a vinyl order, open up a support ticket and we’d be happy to split your purchase.
We expect orders containing vinyl soundtracks to ship in Q2, with a tentative shipping estimate of late April/early May. We’ll let you know if those dates shift for any reason 🙂
A Big Thank You to Our Customers!
So many big things are happening this year, from releases a long time in the making, to new Carbon Engine projects, and to opening our brick-and-mortar retail store in Cary, NC (Check out our grand opening on April 30th!). There’s no way we could have done it all without your support and feedback. We’ve been in the game for over six years now; thank you for playing with us.
You Might Like
Limited Run Games:
is a subsidiary of “Freemode”, an operative group comprised of gaming and entertainment companies owned by Embracer. Limited Run Games is the industry leader in the production and distribution of premium physical video games. Limited Run seeks to celebrate the legacy of gaming through its award-winning collector’s editions. Founded in 2015, they have published over 1,000 physical games, exclusive merch, and collectables. Limited Run is the gold standard in bringing digital games to physical form and now re-releasing retro titles on modern platforms via their proprietary Carbon Engine. Visit limitedrungames.com for the latest offerings and to learn more about Carbon Engine development. Follow the brand on your social media platform of choice for all LRG-related updates:@limitedrungames.