Digital Digest - September 2023
DIGITAL DIGEST | SEPTEMBER 2023
We broke into September with The Jurassic Park Classic Games Collection and are headed out full steam ahead with Persona 3 Portable! This September, Limited Run released some of its biggest collabs ever, with the offerings rounded out with Gargoyles and TONS of Turtles stuff, and of course, Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties: Definitive Edition.
So let’s roll through September and check out our three favorite releases of the month...starting with:
A Throwback to Get You in the Mood for a Season of RPGs!
This month’s newest digital release was Another Crusade, a title inspired by old-school RPGs from the 16-bit era. Players can explore a fully 3D, stylized puppet world and fight in turn-based battles where timing is everything. Get those button combos down to unleash cool attacks, and get that amazing sense of satisfaction when you pull it off right!
You can download it now on Switch, PlayStation or Xbox!Looking for physical? Another Crusade’s pre-order period opens next week! And we’ve prepared a special Switch-exclusive Classic Edition too!
So…Do They Wear Ties, or Not?
We’re not going to beat a dead horse about how bad this game is, but we will tell you again and again why we thought it would be a good idea to remaster this monstrosity. Check out the video above or read this blog to find out why we took on this terrible, terrible endeavor.
And you can pre-order the damn thing right now.
BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY!
This was hard for us to keep under wraps!
Josh teased it for weeks, and this week we were finally able to announce that Persona 3 Portable AND Persona 4 Golden are coming to Limited Run. You can check out the P3P collection now, and we’ll be revealing the Persona 4 Golden physical editions this October.
Fans looking to reserve both games will be able to get it all on one order when the pre-order periods overlap from October 27th through November 12th!
Pre-orders for the physical editions of Persona 3 Portable open today! Reserve yours now!
September 2-5-8 Milestone Updates
Every month, we comb through and send out updates to titles whose pre-order periods ended two, five, or eight months before and hit your inbox with a status update. If you’ve missed our emails, here’s a big ol’ batch of milestone updates for you!
2 Months Old
Standard Editions Currently Printing (all platforms unless specified)
- Anodyne 2: Return to Dust
- Alien: Isolation
- Batora: Lost Haven (Switch)
- The Good Life (Switch)
- Q.U.B.E. 2
- Redemption Reapers (Switch)
- Astro Aqua Kitty (PS5)
- Nobody Saves the World (Switch)
- Hyper Gunsport
- Odencat's Paradise Collection
Production on these games will finish in Q4 2023, so start making room on your shelf!
Deluxe, Classic and Collector's Editions + Retro Carts
- All of the components included in the Classic Edition are deep in manufacturing, with completion set for Q4 2023, barring any unexpected delays.
- After final approvals, Collector's Edition components are also beginning the manufacturing process. We don't have a final ETA for the Collector's Edition yet, so we'll be back with another progress report in three month's time in the 5-month milestone email.
The Three Stooges
- Pending some final tweaks to the ROMs that will come in October, both the Game Boy Advance and NES versions of The Three Stooges are ready for manufacturing. We're currently estimating completion in Q1 2024, but we'll check in again in a few months to let you know how production is going.
The Good Life
- Final sampling is occurring on the Collector's Edition components, and then it's off to the races! We'll let you know in our next milestone update how manufacturing is going.
Nobody Saves the World
- We're only waiting on the pins to complete manufacturing for the Deluxe Editions. We'll send everything off to be assembled in Q4 2023. If it isn't in your hands before the 5-month mark, we'll give you a final ETA in our next progress report email.
5 Months Old
- The last standard editions to go out will be the PS5 copies. The build for the physical edition needs just one more update before it can go to print. We expect this to be completed soon, and PS5 copies will ship in Q4 2023.
- Meanwhile, Deluxe Editions components are all here! We're just waiting for that final PS5 edition to arrive before the entire collection goes to get assembled. They should finish and ship in Q4 2023!
Night Trap GBA
- We are still awaiting corrections to the ROM, but all other approvals needed to begin manufacturing are complete. Night Trap GBA is going to miss Q4 2023, but we'll have another milestone update later this year to let you know how this project is progressing!
moon Collector's Edition
- We're deep in production on all components included in the moon Collector's Edition. The process is going smoothly, and we can expect the final products to ship early in Q1 2024. We'll give you a tighter ETA in the 8-month milestone update.
Curse of the Dead Gods
- Collector's Editions are being assembled! Get your address changes in now, because we expect these to start shipping in Q4 2023!
- All items are complete and these bundles are being prepped to ship. These should start leaving our warehouse in Q4 2023!
- The Standard PlayStation Editions are being manufactured now and will arrive at our warehouse in the coming weeks, with shipping to start in Q4 2023!
- Deluxe Editions are ready to go minus those PlayStation games! Once we get those in, the whole collection can go into final assembly, with shipping to occur in Q4 2023.
8 Months Old
KONAMI Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection
- While PS4 copies are currently shipping, we apologize for the delay in getting the Standard Switch copies into customer hands. As we reported in our last update, there have been some hangups with the final physical build of the game that are still being resolved. However, the developer has pinpointed the issue and we’ll be able to go to print soon. Though Arcade Classics will miss this quarter, we should start shipping Standard Editions in Q4.
- Classic Edition components are complete, and assembly will commence once the Switch copies are in hand. We’re expecting these to finish and ship in Q4 2023, so you’ll have another gorgeous silver box to add to your collection by New Year’s!
- Ultimate Editions are not far behind! Though many components are still in manufacturing, like the art book and SteelBook, we anticipate their completion soon after Classic Editions ship. Currently, we expect to start shipping in Q1 2024, but we’ll be back with a tighter update in Q4 after the Classic Editions ship.
Thank you for tuning in to this month’s Digital Digest! Follow us @limitedrungames on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for additional updates, game announcements, events, and more!
Limited Run Games:
is a subsidiary of “Freemode”, an operative group comprised of gaming and entertainment companies owned by Embracer. Limited Run Games is the industry leader in the production and distribution of premium physical video games. Limited Run seeks to celebrate the legacy of gaming through its award-winning collector’s editions. Founded in 2015, they have published over 1,000 physical games, exclusive merch, and collectables. Limited Run is the gold standard in bringing digital games to physical form and now re-releasing retro titles on modern platforms via their proprietary Carbon Engine. Visit limitedrungames.com for the latest offerings and to learn more about Carbon Engine development. Follow the brand on your social media platform of choice for all LRG-related updates:@limitedrungames.