Shoot from afar or nibble up-close and personal in a boss-rush, bullet-dodging revival of the 1982 Atari classic title, Yars' Revenge.
A daring attack against the enemy homeworld, guarded by mechanical hives that pulse deadly cannons and emit flurries of swirling missiles. Shoot from range as you find pockets of safety amongst the hail of incoming fire, and then dart forward in daring forays to nibble away at the enemies defenses. Gather enough energy by destroying the enemy’s shields and you can power up your massively destructive Zorlon cannon, which sends searing blasts of golden energy into the enemy hive.
Yars: Recharged is the latest title from Adamvision Studios and SneakyBox, the team behind the Atari Recharged series, infusing elements of arcade, shoot-em up, and bullet hell into the classic's formula. Yars: Recharged requires players to remain acutely aware of visual and audio cues that hint of impending danger, and to master rhythm of each boss as they navigate increasingly complex enemy defenses, all to epic soundtrack by Megan McDuffee.
The new game marks Atari’s return to the Yars universe, which is based on Howard Scott Warshaw’s classic Yars’ Revenge. Released in 1982.
- Arcade mode: Boss rush of 30 enemies. It’s not endless, but it’s VERY difficult to get to the end of this mode. Three hits and you die, but don’t worry, that hit-count resets when moving to the next fight.
- Missions: 30 unique, challenging bosses and only one life to beat each. Like Gravitar: Recharged, there’s one global leaderboard for mission mode, so you need to be on your game. Bosses pose a challenge, so you will need to take them head on with a barrage of bullets or start with the smaller, Minor Cores first and work your way to the boss.
- Power-Ups: Minor Cores will drop power-ups when attached. Shoot in all directions at once, rapid fire, explosive shots, or fire a railgun – the nature of the power up is tied to the nature of the core that dropped it.
- Co-op: Yars: Recharged is a local co-op game in both arcade and mission mode, a big change from the original and a ton of fun for you and a friend.
Caverns of Mars: Recharged
Race through caverns while blasting away enemies and terrain to reach the depths of Mars in this reimagining of the 1981 classic.
Caverns of Mars: Recharged takes the easy, addictive appeal of the original game and adds more caverns, more challenges, more weapons, modern graphics and leaderboards. And it would not be a Recharged title without an amazing new original soundtrack.
In Caverns of Mars: Recharged you descend into tunnels beneath the surface of Mars in a mad dash to destroy the reactor and furthest depths of the enemy’s base. Dodge debris, clear out obstacles, and blast enemies, all while conserving ammunition as you descend at high speed into enemy territory. Your ammo is limited and enemies are plentiful, so make every shot count.
- Fully Destructible Environments: Blast your way through obstructions, but be mindful of fuel reserves - each shot also accelerates your limited time to reach the bottom
- Arcade: Traverse the three depths of Mars in a race to reach the bottom and destroy the reactor, strategically accumulating upgrades that’ll make each run unique.
- Challenge Mode: Progress through 30 unique missions that ramp up the difficulty and deliver bite-sized challenges across navigation, combat, and other scenarios.
- Power Ups: Collect weapons that will change your strategy on the fly. Carve a new path with the focused railgun shot or leverage the spread of rapid shotgun blasts.
- Local Co-op: In a unique spin on the gameplay, split the responsibilities while one player navigates and the other shoots from a separate drone in tow.