Digital Digest - July 2023
Digital Digest |July 2023
As far as big months go, this was one for the record books! The internet is buzzing with news that LRG is helping to bring back Clock Tower, Tomba, Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties and MORE! But let’s give it up for our real hero, Gex, who saved E3 and brought back hope to thousands in these trying times.
We’re not just resting on the awesomeness of this LRG3, though. Our shipping department is cracking out orders, and we’re producing some awesome stuff you can reserve now, like TMNT soundtracks, Telenet Shooting Collection, and the long-awaited Castlevania Advance Collection.
Let’s wrap up July, starting with a recap of…
It was a big year! We announced tons of all-new digital and physical releases from old friends like WayForward and KONAMI and new partners like Seedy Eye Software and Rightstick Studios. It’s honestly hard to convey how wild these announcements were via text, so check out the above recording of the conference and the list before to see what you missed!
Here’s a full list of everything we announced in alphabetical order:
- Another Crusade
- Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore
- Castlevania Advance Collection
- Clock Tower
- Colossal Cave
- Double Shake
- Dungeons of Aether
- El-Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
- Gargoyles Remastered
- Jurassic Park
- Jurassic Park: Classic Games Collection
- Jurassic Park: The Chaos Continues
- The Making of Karateka
- Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony
- Kyukyoku Tiger-Heli Collection
- Midnight Fight Express
- Odencat's Paradise Collection
- Plumbers Don't Wear Ties Definitive Edition
- Rise of the Triad Ludicrous Edition
- Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
- Rose & Camellia
- Shantae Advance
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Soundtrack Collection
- This Way Madness Lies
Now, don’t tell Gex, but this blogger’s favorite reveal this year was Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore! This 2D adventure game is the spiritual successor to a very infamous pair of CD-i, uh, classics, that we’re not 100% sure if we’re allowed to mention by time. But this time, it seeks to be the very best that game can be, featuring tighter gameplay, loads of humor, and returning talent from artist Rob Dunlavey and VO talents Jeffrey Rath and Bonniejean Wilbur. Limited Run and Seedy Eye Software are psyched to bring you the game this year. Now, check out the trailer below!
Join the fight against Evil…again!
We led our LRG3 announcements off with Castlevania Advance Collection, one of the most highly requested and hotly anticipated titles in LRG history, and we’re glad to say that TODAY we are taking reservations for this amazing Castlevania Collection. Let’s take a little tour!
Let’s start with the Standards. We’re offering fans their choice of four amazing covers, one for each game included in the collection. Choose a cover from one of the Game Boy Advance titles or the Dracula X cover. Find the one that calls to you?
But what if you want them all? Bump up to the Classic Edition! You’ll get all four covers, plus a poster and a soundtrack selection, all in a gorgeous silver box!
SteelBook fans, you’ll want to start with the Advanced Edition. You’ll get the four covers, the poster, the CD, plus the Steelbook! This collection stores in an oversized throwback- style box, sized appropriately to fit everything inside!
Finally, we’re offering another premium Ultimate Edition for those serious CV fans. This Castlevania-sized edition includes some amazing extras like a comprehensive CD soundtrack, lithographs, a shadowbox, and a set of hand-drawn maps from our very own Jeremy Parish, the man who coined the term “Metroidvania.”
On top of all of that, we’ve got a big selection of exclusive merch, including pins, a skate deck, a shirt and a set of soundtracks from the Game Boy Advance Castlevania games on vinyl and cassette tape!
Pre-orders for the Castlevania Advance Collection launch TODAY! You have until September 10th to reserve your copies!
July 2-5-8 Milestone Updates
Every month, we comb through and send out updates to titles whose pre-order periods ended two, five, or eight months before and hit your inbox with a status update. If you’ve missed our emails, here’s a big ol’ batch of milestone updates for you!
2 Months Old
Standard Editions Currently Printing (all platforms unless specified)
- Justice Chronicles
- Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
- Deathwish Enforcers (Switch & PS4)
- OneShot: World Machine Edition
- Legend of Tianding (PS4 & PS5)
Production on these items will finish very soon, with shipping to begin as soon as they arrive and pass quality assurance checks (Q3 2023).
- Production is moving along on the Deluxe Edition, and we should have the Switch and PS4 Editions wrapped up before the end of Q3 2023. PS5 production is slightly behind as we wait for the final build for that platform to finish, so those items may slip into late Q3 for the Standard Edition and early Q4 for the Deluxe Edition. You’ll hear from us again in October about the production status—if they haven’t already shipped to you!
- Standard Editions are complete and will be shipping from our warehouse soon! Collector’s Edition production is coming along on time. Collector’s Editions are currently estimated to ship early in Q4, but we’ll come back with another update once it hits the 5-month milestone (if it hasn’t shipped beforehand).
OneShot: World Machine Edition
- With Standard’s finishing soon, let’s look at the Collector’s Edition. Final production samples are getting the O.K. from the developer, and we’ve jumpstarted production on the included lamp. So far, we’ve had no delays in production, so you can expect to see your Collector’s Edition in Q4 2023. We’ll have another update for you in three months once your pre-order hits its 5-month milestone!
The Legend of Tianding - Switch Standard Edition
- Though the PlayStation versions are currently being pressed, the Switch versions have yet to start manufacturing. However, they will be a part of our next order of cartridges, so you won’t have to wait much longer. The Legend of Tianding will ship in Q3 2023, no matter what platform you chose!
5 Months Old
Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection
- Standard PS4 Editions are in our warehouse and will begin shipping soon! However, the Switch copies are still pending manufacturing, pending a final developer build. Once we receive and send both Standard Editions, we will return with an updated ETA on the Classic and Ultimate Editions.
- PS4 copies are in our warehouse and will begin shipping ASAP for Q2 delivery. PS5 copies will finish manufacturing shortly and will ship in Q3.
- We have completed the approval process, and production is in full swing. The finished units are expected to be ready in approximately three months. We’re looking at Q3 for the final delivery of these.
Night in the Woods
- Switch copies are shipping, and PS4 Standard copies are nearly finished printing. As for the Collector’s Editions: All components are in production! The production item with the longest lead time (the acrylic scene) is expected to be in our hands in early July. After kitting, these will begin shipping in Q3.
8 Months Old
The Rumble Fish 2 - Collector’s Edition
- The art book and strategy guide are the last two items in manufacturing. These full-color books take a little extra time to manufacture, but we expect them to finish in the next few weeks. Shipping for this Collector’s Edition is on track for Q3 2023.
Full Throttle - PC + Collector’s Edition
- All items are currently in manufacturing. We’re expecting this to ship near the end of Q3 2023.
Song in the Smoke - Deluxe Edition
- Deluxe Editions have just arrived in our warehouse and are ready to ship!
Undead Darlings - Deluxe Edition
- All components are complete, and we expect to begin kitting these out very soon. Shipping will commence mid-Q3 2023.
Finding a new place or recently made a move? Make sure that your address is up-to-date. We don’t want any lost packages to put a damper on your gaming experience!
Thank you for tuning in to this month’s Digital Digest! Follow us @limitedrungames on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for additional updates, game announcements, events, and more!
Limited Run Games:
is a subsidiary of “Freemode”, an operative group comprised of gaming and entertainment companies owned by Embracer. Limited Run Games is the industry leader in the production and distribution of premium physical video games. Limited Run seeks to celebrate the legacy of gaming through its award-winning collector’s editions. Founded in 2015, they have published over 1,000 physical games, exclusive merch, and collectables. Limited Run is the gold standard in bringing digital games to physical form and now re-releasing retro titles on modern platforms via their proprietary Carbon Engine. Visit limitedrungames.com for the latest offerings and to learn more about Carbon Engine development. Follow the brand on your social media platform of choice for all LRG-related updates:@limitedrungames.