LRG Digital Digest - April ‘22
LRG Digital Digest - April ‘22
No Foolin’ Around This April!
Between our brick-and-mortar debut, PAX East, exciting new announcements, and tons of cool releases on deck to ship, April is gearing up to be a downright ferocious month for LRG.
Let’s jump right in. Here’s what’s going on at LRG this April. . .
Added Website Features: Sezzle + Address Changes
The new LimitedRunGames.com is one month old today! Our little facelift wasn’t meant to be a one-off change. We’re continuing to refine the website with your feedback, and we plan to keep on adding features and options to make your buying experience awesome.
This month, we’re adding:
- Sezzle—Show now, pay over time! Choosing Sezzle at checkout gives you the option to split your order total into four payments due over six weeks. You’ll pay the first 25% upfront, and another 25% every two weeks. We looked into several pay-later providers, and we liked that Sezzle doesn’t charge interest, extra fees, or have any effects on your credit.
- Address Changes—Move without fear! The old system, where you had to update your account and then fill out a support ticket to apply the change to your order, is no more! Updating your address just takes three simple steps:
- Log in and go to your account
- Click on the order number containing this item
- Click on the "UPDATE SHIPPING ADDRESS" link
When you're finished, go back to your account page and be sure that the address looks correct. That's it!
We hope these new changes make your experience at LimitedRunGames.com all the more magical.
Limited Run Retail Grand Opening Extravaganza
We want to welcome you to our grand opening event. Highlights Include:
- The first 100 people in line will receive a swag bag, and each visitor will get a raffle ticket for a chance to win an LRG prize pack and an exclusive event trading card
- Event exclusive items, including Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game SNES Edition (with exclusive cover for Switch and PS4), Shantae and Shantae: Risky’s Revenge (both available in an oversized Game Boy styled box), a River City Girls 1 Commemorative NES Box and Soundtrack, and an exclusive Grand Opening Trading Card
- Special guests Matt and Erin Bozon (creators of Shantae), Adam Tierney and Bannon Rudis (directors of River City Girls), and internet sensation Mega64
We hope to see you there. For more details, check out this blog we wrote about the event!
Return to PAX!
We’re incredibly excited to return to Boston for PAX East! This year, we’re buddying up with Tate Multimedia to share a space. At our booth, you’ll be able to check out Kao the Kangaroo firsthand and get your gloves on some exclusive swag, such as:
- Shantae and Shantae: Risky’s Revenge in an oversized Game Boy style box
- River City Girls OST in an NES style box
PAX East takes place this year from April 21-24. Grab your badges and come visit us! Click here for more info about our booth.
Here are some updates about the games you’re anticipating the most!
CASTLEVANIA ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION ULTIMATE EDITION
So close you can taste the blood! We’re waiting on shadowboxes to complete assembly. Those are slated to get on a ship (maybe alongside some boxes of Wallachian earth) and begin their journey across the ocean to us later this month.
We expect the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, Ultimate Edition to ship by the end of Q2. We’ll let you know if we catch wind of any further delays!
ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBORS & GHOUL PATROL COLLECTOR'S EDITION
We’re waiting on some components to finish up these Collector’s Editions, including the box and the trading cards. We expect orders containing this Collector’s Edition to ship mid-Q2.
SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD: THE GAME VINYL SOUNDTRACK
In last month’s Digital Digest, we reported that we had a tentative shipping date for Scott Pilgrim vinyl soundtracks. We’re pleased to say that we’re still on track to hit that goal, and we’ve already sent out a notice to change your address for affected orders. We estimate orders and bundles containing vinyl soundtracks to ship in late April/early May.
Keep an eye on our socials for more exciting announcements! We hope to see you at some of our events this month. Don’t be a stranger! TTFN!
Limited Run Games:
is a subsidiary of “Freemode”, an operative group comprised of gaming and entertainment companies owned by Embracer. Limited Run Games is the industry leader in the production and distribution of premium physical video games. Limited Run seeks to celebrate the legacy of gaming through its award-winning collector’s editions. Founded in 2015, they have published over 1,000 physical games, exclusive merch, and collectables. Limited Run is the gold standard in bringing digital games to physical form and now re-releasing retro titles on modern platforms via their proprietary Carbon Engine. Visit limitedrungames.com for the latest offerings and to learn more about Carbon Engine development. Follow the brand on your social media platform of choice for all LRG-related updates:@limitedrungames.