Limited Run Retail Celebrates Its Grand Opening with an Epic Event on April 30th in North Carolina
Limited Run Games believes your favorite games belong in a place of prominence on your shelf alongside your most cherished collector’s items! If you love the art and craftsmanship that comes with boxed set Collector’s Editions and super cool collectibles, you’ll find like-minded fans and great offerings at the grand opening for the company’s very first physical Limited Run Retail store on Saturday, Apr. 30, 2022 in Cary, NC.
Who: Founded in 2015, Limited Run Games is the gold standard in bringing beloved games to physical form for casual fans and collectors alike. They have published over 1,000 physical games and soundtracks and are recognized as the industry leader and pioneers of curated collectible physical games. The team has received numerous critical accolades and awards for their bespoke Collector’s Editions. Limited Run Retail is the first of its kind and has been in development for over two years. You can check out this blog post to see what went into creating this store.
What: Join the Limited Run Games crew for an all-day grand opening celebration at its first-ever retail video game store in Cary, North Carolina. Expect a fun-filled day filled with activities and events. The first 100 people in line will receive a swag bag, and each visitor will get a raffle ticket for a chance to win an LRG prize pack and an exclusive event trading card.*(1)
The full offering of festivities include:
- Over 800 games and merch available spanning the entire LRG catalog*(2)
- Event exclusive items, including Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game SNES Edition (with exclusive cover for Switch and PS4), Shantae and Shantae: Risky’s Revenge (both available in an oversized Game Boy styled box), a River City Girls 1 Commemorative NES Box and Soundtrack, and an exclusive Grand Opening Trading Card*(3)
- Signings with special guests husband and wife team: Matt and Erin Bozon. Co-Creators of Shantae & Shantae series.
- Signings with special guests Adam Tierney and Bannon Rudis, directors of River City Girls games.
- Signings and merch available with special guests from hit internet sensation Mega64.
- An outdoor market with a vinyl section, a build-your-own merch box area, community trading card swap, exclusive item pop-up, and game trade-in area, and more.
- Trade-ins: Fans who trade in their used games with a $25+ value will receive a ticket that allows them to purchase an additional "hot item" and an exclusive trading card. Fans can get a head start on their trades by visiting the store on Friday, April 29th, from 1:00 PM–8:00 PM ET OR during the grand opening event in the outdoor tent area from 10 AM–4 PM
When: The brand-new Limited Run Games physical video game retail store will be open with special hours*(4) on Saturday, Apr. 30, from 8:00 AM ET until 8:00 PM. In addition, outdoor activities, including the guest signings, pop-up shops, and card swaps, will be held in the MacGregor Village parking lot from 10:00 AM ET until 4:00 PM.
Where: Head to the MacGregor Village shopping center in Cary, North Carolina, located at 107 Edinburgh South Drive, and look for the giant tent full of video games. The Limited Run Retail store is located on the second floor in Unit 211. Look for the TV sets! You can’t miss it!
- Event exclusive trading cards will be handed out while supplies last
- LRG does not reprint games, so quantities for certain titles are VERY limited. Featured games are taken from leftovers and held stock in our warehouse. Some items will sell out fast with no chance of restock. Hot items are very limited items and they are limited to (1) per person.
- Fans are limited to one (1) "hot item" unless they have a trade-in ticket which allows for one (1) more additional hot item
- Normal store hours are Friday 12–9 ET, Saturday 10–9, and Sunday 11–6.
Limited Run Games:
is a subsidiary of “Freemode”, an operative group comprised of gaming and entertainment companies owned by Embracer. Limited Run Games is the industry leader in the production and distribution of premium physical video games. Limited Run seeks to celebrate the legacy of gaming through its award-winning collector’s editions. Founded in 2015, they have published over 1,000 physical games, exclusive merch, and collectables. Limited Run is the gold standard in bringing digital games to physical form and now re-releasing retro titles on modern platforms via their proprietary Carbon Engine. Visit limitedrungames.com for the latest offerings and to learn more about Carbon Engine development. Follow the brand on your social media platform of choice for all LRG-related updates:@limitedrungames.