Limited Run 2021 Update
We hope you had safe and happy holidays, and a happy new year! Welcome to 2021.
We thought we’d give you a bit of an update to kick off the rest of the year.
First of all, we’re happy to have completed shipping on Grandia, and we shipped Cthulhu Saves Christmas early. Streets of Rage 4 Limited Editions are rolling out (keep an eye on your doorstep if you haven’t gotten yours yet). We hope those of you who have received these games are enjoying unboxing and playing them (or keeping them on your shelf, whatever floats your boat)!
Secondly, please note that a few of our games have updated timelines. These have been reflected on the product pages (and therefore on your order/account pages, as well). Games with new shipping estimates include, but aren’t limited to:
- Samurai Shodown NEOGEO Switch Collector’s Editions — Now Shipping
- Special Reserve variants: Carrion, Gris, Ruiner — On Deck
- Star Wars: Episode 1 Racer Collector’s Editions — February
- Samurai Jack — Q2 2021 (Due to COVID-19 Freight Delays)
We’ve grown exponentially over the last few years and even announced our biggest title to date: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World The Game - Complete Edition. Going forward, we want our fans to know we’re listening to feedback and addressing some of the things being echoed in our community. These are some of the changes we’ve made and are starting to kick off in 2021:
- Regular Production Updates - In 2021 we’re integrating a new production update system via email. Going forward we vow to give more regular updates directly to fans’ inboxes. If a product you’ve ordered has a changed timeline, you’ll get a direct email. In addition to this, we will be preemptively reaching out to make sure there have been no address changes before your item ships.
- Opening Pre-orders - You might have noticed LimitedRunGames.com has increased the amount of open pre-orders. Many fans reached out saying they weren’t able to secure certain titles they wanted, and we wanted to allow for more flexibility. While not every game can have an open pre-order, we are striving to have them wherever possible. This way, our games can retain their Limited Run nature while being available to anyone who wants one.
- Restructuring Support - We’re streamlining the process our Support team uses to handle tickets, with the goal of addressing more customer issues more efficiently. In turn, this should alleviate your response wait times after big sale days!
- Expanding Shipping - We do all of our shipping and support in-house. We’ve been expanding our warehouse staff and experimenting with different ways to ship items so we can get products out to you faster than ever!
- Streamlining Production - In an effort to get games out faster and give more accurate forecasts of when games will ship, we’ve started streamlining some of our production processes. Due to the open nature of our pre-orders, we do not start production until after pre-order windows close. However, on occasions when we can, we are starting to proceed with production in advance to shorten the time it takes to get you their games!
Limited Run Games:
is a subsidiary of “Freemode”, an operative group comprised of gaming and entertainment companies owned by Embracer. Limited Run Games is the industry leader in the production and distribution of premium physical video games. Limited Run seeks to celebrate the legacy of gaming through its award-winning collector’s editions. Founded in 2015, they have published over 1,000 physical games, exclusive merch, and collectables. Limited Run is the gold standard in bringing digital games to physical form and now re-releasing retro titles on modern platforms via their proprietary Carbon Engine. Visit limitedrungames.com for the latest offerings and to learn more about Carbon Engine development. Follow the brand on your social media platform of choice for all LRG-related updates:@limitedrungames.