Lethal League coming this March 9th!
We are also excited to announce fan favorite Flinthook for the Switch!
We will be selling some of our past stock and some goodies we found hiding as we get ready to move into our new office!
Don't forget on Friday at 10 AM & 6 PM Eastern Time we have three brand new releases for you!
It's time to clear out our stock room!
This New Year's Day, Monday, January 1st, 2018 - we'll be listing the vast majority of our leftover stock from our 2017 releases (outside of whatever we end up holding on to for live events). For every release we do, we end up holding back around 10% of the total run in order to have replacements on hand. For most games, we rarely even need to use 1% of that, but we like to play it safe! This means we have a TON of leftovers!
Everything we have on offer will go live on the site at 10AM Eastern Time, and there will no purchase limits outside of some of the very limited offerings (mostly collector's editions).
As with our 2016 Black Friday sale, we'll be offering blind boxed games for both PS4 and Vita. These blind boxes will be packaged in a special custom printed box, randomized, and shrinkwrapped. This year, we've made sure to retain equal amounts of some very hot titles for the blind boxes so there will not be any kind of imbalance towards specific titles. At a flat price of $24.99 per blind box, customers will have a chance to get some more expensive titles at a lower price!
Very small quantities of some 2016 releases will also be inserted into blind boxes so there will be a small chance to obtain Breach & Clear, Saturday Morning RPG, Firewatch, Shantae, and some other 2016 games. We're pulling those from our personal collections to make these blind boxes extra exciting!
Alongside the clearance blowout, we'll have a brand new game available - Arcade Distillery's Mecho Tales. This game is available in two flavors - a standard edition, limited to 1,500 copies, and a "developer edition", limited to 1,000 copies. The developer edition includes a slipcover, new art, and an additional trading card and it exists to help provide more funding for the developer to continue creating fantastic gaming experiences. Both games go on sale on Monday, January 1st at 10 AM Eastern Time.
Thank you, everyone, for a great 2017. We here at Limited Run Games are committed to growing the company in a positive way. After doing a survey and an AMA, we have learned what our customers would like to see changed. We have always prided ourselves on being transparent and in touch with our community. We felt like we could have done better this year so we are making some changes to ensure that next year we are better aligned with our customer's expectations.
- Better communication. More information posted on our website, Twitter, Facebook, newsletter and forums.
- More AMAs on Reddit. We want our customers to feel they can communicate with us.
- Faster shipping. Our shipping team is already implementing changes to speed up the process and we are also trying to order games further in advance.
- More supported platforms. Next year we will be offering games for Nintendo Switch and more PC offerings!
- Localizing games and digital publishing. We are planning on bringing more games over from Japan that haven't been brought over yet as well as digitally publishing some of these games.
- Better Collector's Editions. We are planning on adding more value to our CE's and only doing them for games we feel deserve them.
- Quality over quantity. We plan on focusing on larger games that are highly requested and slowing down our release schedule by mid next year.
- More partnerships. Working with partners such as Fangamer, Ship to Shore, Black Screen Records, and Sanshee has been great for us, expect to see more partnerships like this to bring you more from your favorite games!
- Better rewards program. We are already finding more incentives and items we can offer for our rewards program and how to make it easier for our customers.
- More customer interaction. We are planning to be at many conventions next year as well as bringing back our daily streams!
From everyone at Limited Run Games, thank you, we truly mean that from the bottom of our hearts. We hope you enjoy the holidays this year and we look forward to seeing you next year!
There will be more information posted soon and sent out to our mailing list!
We will also be randomly dropping some past games for sale that are from our leftovers this Friday! Please be aware there will not be very many copies for sale and our actual inventory blowout date is January 1st, 2018. We will be putting the bulk of our leftover/damaged copies up then.